Demand management is the interface between business (acting) as a customer and IT (acting) as a service provider. It controls all activities at aligning IT with business demand from an economic point of view. The aim is to determine the required IT products/services and their quantities and to record the requirements of the business in a structured manner so that an economic evaluation is possible.
To avoid inefficiencies that otherwise run through the entire IT deployment process, processes must be optimized, and roles precisely defined.
The IndiTango approach therefore looks at demand management from three perspectives:
- management of the demand for IT products/services, their optimal quantity determination, as well as their economic evaluation (requirements/IT portfolio management)
- management of future requirements and continuous review of existing services (service portfolio management)
- management of the customers of an IT service provider (business relationship management)
IT portfolio management
From the idea to the product
To support the business and the strategic direction of the company, the best possible and most economically sensible selection of requirements must be made. In doing so, both the needs of the specialist area/business and IT, as well as the overriding corporate goals, should be considered. A structured recording of the requirements produces a completeness of information that enables an economic evaluation of the individual requirements and thus maximizes the value contribution of the IT.
A standardized process for the acceptance of ideas, their evaluation and their conversion into project proposals also ensures that a transparent and objective process exists for all participants. Defined tasks and responsibilities of all process participants reduce the effort. Professional advice from the outset increases the quality of the content of the requirement and, in the end, the quality of the implementation. This also includes the targeted steering out of requirements that do not correspond to the business requirements.
IndiTango supports you:
- in the IT business alignment of requirements
- for the structured recording of requirements
- in the economic evaluation of requirements and projects with the help of the value contribution calculator
- identifying the necessary services
- implementation of committees and tools for standardized processes for the definition of new services